This delicious chocolate cake made with healthy whole grains like wheat and jowar is a healthy snack option for kids and adults alike. Completely free of all purpose flour, this cake is sure to be a regular at your home. Enjoy!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup jowar flour
- 3/4 to 1 tbsp (tablespoon) baking powder
- 3 tbsps cocoa powder
- 2 tbsps grated dark chocolate
- 2 tsps (teaspoons) instant coffee powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 small ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup milk and plus some more to adjust consistency of batter (about 1/4 cup more)
- A little less than 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1Sift the wheat and jowar flours, cocoa and coffee powder, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- 2Add grated dark chocolate to this and set aside.
- 3Blend the bananas, sugar, 3/4 cup of milk and oil together into a smooth mixture.
- 4Add baking soda to this mixture, mix well and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
- 5Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 6Add the wet ingredients into the dry ones and fold in to remove all lumps.
- 7Add some more milk (1/4 cup) and vanilla extract and fold in gently till you get a smooth cake batter. The batter should be semi thick.
- 8Grease and line a cake tin. Pour the cake batter into it.
- 9Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. After 25 minutes, check with a skewer or knife, if the cake is done. If you get a clean skewer or knife, it means your cake is cooked.
- 10Transfer to a wire rack and allow it to cool.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe