Phirni is punjabi dessert prepared specially during festivals. Try making it in tri-colour this independence day and celebrate the joy of freedom.
- 1 ltr full cream milk.
- 80 gram Basmati rice powder
- 1 cup sugar or as per taste
- ½ cup blanched and peeled pistachio paste
- Saffron strands soaked in milk
- 1 - 2 drops Rose essence
- 2 tbsp fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 tsp Green and orange Food colour
- Cherry or Badam for garnishing
- 1Soak rice for 1 hour.
- 2After an hour drain soaked rice and grind rice to coarse. Not to be powdered.
- 3Add ½ cup of cold milk in coarse rice and mix well to make it a paste, Keep aside.
- 4Boil the milk in a deep, heavy bottom pan for 30 to 40 min.
- 5Now add rice paste to the boiling milk.
- 6Cook for 20-25 min on slow flame and stir it continuously.
- 7Add sugar, saffron and mix well.
- 8Cook for 10-15 min.
- 9Allow it to cool.
- 10Divide into 3 portion.
- 11Add pistachio paste in one portion and pinch of green food colour.
- 12In white portion, add 1-2 drops of rose essence.
- 13Add pinch of orange food color and 2 tbsp orange juice.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe