Tacos is one of the most consumed Mexican food. With Mexican food chains sprouting all over, it won’t be long before our kids pick a taste for tacos. Win your kid’s heart and make snacking healthy with our crisp and delicious taco recipe!
For the tortilla (outer shell)
For the filling
- 1 cup corn flour
- 4 tbsp maida
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 cups minced meat/Rajma
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3-4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup tomato pulp
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
Calories – 217 Kcal, Proteins – 32.6 g, Fats* – 8.2 g, Carbohydrates – 2.9 g, Cholesterol – 76 mg, Sodium – 503 mg, Potassium – 350 mg
*For frying, add approximately 10 grams of fat per serving at 9 Kcal/gm of fat.
Tortillas (Outer shell)
- 1Combine the maida, corn flour, a little oil and water in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough and divide into 10-12 balls.
- 2Roll out these balls into little puris and deep fry until you get a papad like texture.
- 3Drain on an absorbent paper
- 4Cool and store in an air-tight container.
- 5Alternately, you could also prepare the taco shells in your oven. Preheat oven at 375 deg and then bake the tacos at the same temperature for 10 minutes.
- 1Heat oil in a pan and in it saute the onion.
- 2Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- 3Add the tomato pulp till the mixture leaves oil.
- 4Add to this the minced meat, pepper, salt and stir well.
- 5Let the meat absorb the spices.
- 6Vegetarians can simply replace the minced meat with a cup of boiled rajma.
- 7Fill the tortillas with the meat mixture and top with raw onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- 8Serve hot with sauce.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe