Lapsi rava shira is a healthy breakfast recipe, especially for new moms (nursing moms) and people who require high calorie food.
- 1 cup lapsi rava(broken wheat/ bulgur wheat/ dalia)
- 3/4 cup grated jaggery
- 2 tbsp pure ghee
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 3 cup water
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp cashew
- A few pistachios
- A few almond slices
- 1 tbsp golden raisins
1) Lapsi Rava should be roasted nicely. Otherwise 'shira' won't come out well.
2) After adding water to the rava, let it cook nicely. If you rush to add the jaggery, rava may remain little uncooked.
3) If you want it more sweet, add 1/4 cup of jaggery more.
4) When serving to new mothers (nursing mothers), add a teaspoon of ghee and sprinkle some fresh coconut to enhance the taste.
- 1Heat 2 tbsp ghee into a pan. Roast rava nicely over medium heat. Also add cashewnuts.
- 2Add the pistachio and almond slices.
- 3While roasting rava, boil 3 cups of water on another stove-top.
- 4Add a pinch of salt to water.
- 5When rava is roasted nicely, add hot water and warm milk.
- 6Mix nicely, cover and cook for couple of minutes over medium heat. Add fresh coconut and mix.
- 7When rava is almost cooked, add grated jaggery and stir with spatula until jaggery melts.
- 8Next, add raisins.
- 9Cover and cook for few more minutes over low heat. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- 10Serve hot.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe