A semolina pudding with your baby's favorite fruit and nuts is just an add on to baby's food list. Just be sure you puree/mash the fruit and powder the nuts before using. Banana and almonds make the recipe more calorie-dense and nutrient-rich. Almonds also provide the omega 3 fatty acids required for your child's brain development. Here comes a yummy nutritious recipe rich in calories and nutrients for your baby.
(1 cup = 250 ml)
- 3 tbsp suji/rava/semolina
- 3 cups milk
- 1 banana, mashed or pureed(for younger babies), cut or sliced(for older babies)
- 2 tbsp almonds, powdered
- 3 tbsp sugar or add as required
- ½ or ¼ tbsp cow's ghee
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
1 serving: 1 cup
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Heat ghee in a pan.
- 2 Add sooji/semolina and fry till the sooji becomes fragrant and light brown.
- 3 Stir continuously for about 3 to 4 minutes on a low flame.
- 4 Slowly add milk and stir continuosly to avoid lump formation. Add additional milk or water if you want a thinner consistency.
- 5 Add sugar, banana pieces or puree. Add powdered almonds.
- 6 Stir and bring the sooji kheer to a gentle simmer.
- 7 Lastly, add cardamom powder.
- 8 Stir the sooji kheer. Your sooji kheer is ready.
- 9 Serve sooji kheer hot or warm or refrigerate.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe