Suji halwa is easy to make and is compulsory in almost every household. It is also perfect for all ages as it is easy on the tummy. Introduce your baby to a dessert this Diwali with our quick and easy Suji Halwa recipe. Let us know how it turned out in the comments section.
- 1 cup sooji/semolina/rawa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cardamom, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp raisins
- 10-12 cashew nuts, halved
Calories – 220 Kcal, Proteins – 31.0 g, Fats – 16.5 g, Carbohydrates – 35.2 g, Cholesterol – 38 mg, Sodium – 453 mg, Potassium – 24 mg
- 1In a pan, heat ghee. Add cashews and raisins and roast until they turns golden brown. Take care not to burn raisins, keep aside.
- 2In the same pan, add semolina and roast on a low to medium flame until it gets browned and starts emitting an aroma.
- 3Meanwhile in a small pan or pot bring water to boil. Drop the semolina into the boiling water little by little slowly while continuously stirring. Stirring ensures there are no lumps.
- 4Add water and sugar to semolina and mix together. Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves and water is absorbed fully by the rava.
- 5Next, add roasted cardamom powder, raisins, cashews and mix well. Stir for another 1-2 minutes or until halwa becomes completely dry. Remove from heat.
- 6You can serve this sheera hot, warm or even at room temperature.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe