My 7 year daughter isn't fond of Lauki so I tried a different look and taste. This dish is easy to prepare and is yummy in its own right. It goes well with rotis and rice as well. Try making this dish for your little ones and they will keep coming back for more!
- Lauki - 1 small, cut into thin slices
- Turmeric poweder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Jeera - 1/4 tsp
- Green chillies chopped - 4
- Ginger chopped - 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes - 2 chopped
- Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Oil - 3 tsp
- 1Cut the lauki into thin slices and add turmeric, chilly powder and salt.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and stir fry it till almost done.
- 3Remove from the pan and add 1 tablespoon oil.
- 4Add jeera, chillies and ginger.
- 5Add tomatoes and cook till the oil seperates.
- 6Add coriander powder and stir well.
- 7Add back the lauki into the pan and stir well.
- 8Add the garam masala and cook well for 5 more minutes.
- 9Goes well with rice as well as roti.
- 10My daughter ate it with rice and didn't realize that she was eating lauki; the vegetable that she labels "yucky" out of pure love for it.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe