Uggrani is a dish prepared with puffed rice. Puffed rice helps in maintaining body temperature and is also a good evening snack.
- 500 gms of puffed rice
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tsps (teaspoons) of mill roasted chana dal powder
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Oil for tempering
- 1 spoon each of mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal
- 2 tsps of peanuts
- A sprig of curry leaves
- Water for soaking
- 1Clean the puffed rice.
- 2Soak it in a big bowl of water for 30-40 seconds.
- 3Drain the water.
- 4Take a little of it and squeeze using palms.
- 5Repeat this process for the rest of the quantity.
- 6We want puffed rice to be damp but not wet.
- 7Heat oil in a big pan.
- 8Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- 9Then add cumin seeds and fry for 5 seconds.
- 10Next add peanuts, fry till it turns a little brown in colour.
- 11Add urad dal and fry it till it turns brown.
- 12Then add dried red chillies, curry leaves and fry for another 10 seconds.
- 13Now add the soaked and squeezed puffed rice.
- 14Also add in salt to taste and mix it well.
- 15Add mill roasted chana dal powder and stir well.
- 16Turn off the flame, add the coriander leaves to garnish.
- 17Sprinkle lemon juice on top and serve it hot.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe