A very healthy snack for kids who love to punch at 4.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsps (teaspoons) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsps (tablespoons) Borges olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 2In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil; stir in the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3Fold in the spinach, cheese and jalapenos.
- 4Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-third full with batter.
- 5Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 6Allow to cool for 2 minutes and then remove from pan to a wire rack.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe