Penne Pasta In Red Sauce is a delicious recipe which can be eaten by one and all (children to young to old). Pasta is something which can be made easily at home and is relished by everyone.
Here i will be preparing and making use of Penne pasta to give a perfect look and going to cook it perfectly in Indian style even though its an Italian dish.
Its very easy to cook and is very healthy as we are making use of olive oil, tomatoes, onions and capsicum.
So, let's get ready!
- 2 tbsps (tablespoons) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (teaspoon) carom seeds (for aroma and taste) (optional)
- 1 onion (in big dices and each part seperated)
- 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 capsicum (cut In big dices)
- 4 tbsps red tomato sauce
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper powder (as per your taste)
- 200 gms penne pasta
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- Grated mozzarella cheese to garnish (optional)
- 1 In a large saucepan, boil water and add salt to it.
- 2 Cook the pasta in it for at least 8-10 mins or until it is tender.
- 3 Drain the water and keep it aside.
- 4 Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- 5 Add carom seeds. Saute for few seconds till it gives a perfect aroma.
- 6 Then add chopped garlic and saute it for 1-2 mins.
- 7 Then add onion and saute till it turns translucent.
- 8 Now add capsicum, saute it and then add chopped tomatoes and let it simmer for 3-4 mins.
- 9 Don't overcook onions and capsicum.
- 10 Add salt, pepper, chili flakes, oregano and tomato ketchup to the pan one by one and mix them all very well.
- 11Add little water if it sticks to the pan. Allow the sauce to sit in pan on medium flame for about 10 minutes.
- 12 Add Pasta in the end. Mix them very well.
- 13 Take it out in a bowl. Before serving, top up with grated cheese and microwave for 2 minutes until the cheese melts.
- 14 Serve hot and relish yummylicious Indian style pasta.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe