Energizing and yummy anytime snack dish.
- 8 to 10 slices of bread - brown, whole wheat or white bread
- 3 to 4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium to large capsicum/bell pepper, sliced or chopped (red or green or yellow bell pepper)
- 1 medium onion, sliced or chopped
- ? cup steamed corn kernels or tinned corn
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry basil
- ¼ to ½ tsp black pepper powder or add as per your taste
- 1 tbsp Borges Extra Light olive oil
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped or ½ cup finely chopped tomato
- salt as required
- regular cheese or cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese as required
- chili flakes and oregano as required for sprinkling
- 1Slice the bread into two and place them on a baking tray.
- 2You can also cover the tray with aluminium foil and place the bread slices on it.
- 3Toast the bread in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 8 to 12 minutes or more, till they are lightly toasted and golden. You can also toast the bread slices in an electric toaster or on a tava/griddle. When the bread slices are lightly toasted, remove them from the oven.
- 4Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan.
- 5Add finely chopped garlic and saute for half a minute on a low flame. No need to brown the garlic.
- 6Add tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes soften on a low flame.
- 7When the tomatoes are softened and you see oil releasing from the mixture, add black pepper, dry oregano and basil. Also add salt, stir well.
- 8Then add sliced onions, steamed corn kernels and bell peppers. Here you can also add veggies like sauteed mushrooms, baby corn, steamed potatoes, cherry tomatoes, olives.
- 9Stir and saute for 3 to 4 minutes on a low flame.
- 10Keep the veggies aside.
- 11Top the veggies on the lightly toasted bread slices. If you want you can also spread some butter/olive oil on the bread first and then top the prepared veggies. You can also dot the veggies with tomato sauce.
- 12Sprinkle grated cheese, add mozzarella cheese.
- 13Place the tray back in the oven and bake at 200 degrees cClsius for 8 to 12 minutes or till the cheese melts or gets light browned.
- 14Serve veg bread pizza with red chili flakes, oregano and tomato ketchup.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe