Sesame seeds ladoo is a simple recipe of ladoos prepared with sesame seeds, jaggery, peanuts and desiccated coconut.
- 50 grams sesame seeds
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ heaped cup or 100 grams powdered jaggery or grated jaggery
- 3 tbsp (tablespoon) water
- ¼ tsp (teaspoon) cardamom powder
- some oil for greasing the palms
healthy ladoos for all
Preparing jaggery syrup and ladoos:
- 1Heat kadhai or pan and add sesame seeds in it.
- 2on a low flame, roast the sesame seeds. Stir at intervals.
- 3The sesame seeds pop and change color. On a low flame, this takes about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Remove and keep aside in a plate.
- 5Then add ¼ cup peanuts.
- 6Dry roast the peanuts on a low flame, stirring often, till they become crunchy and get a few black spots on them.
- 7Remove the peanuts in a mortar-pestle. allow them to cool.
- 8In the same pan, add ¼ cup dessicated coconut.
- 9Stir continuously and roast the coconut till it become light golden or golden. Switch off the burner.
- 10Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- 11When the peanuts have cooled, crush them coarsely. You can also crush them in a dry grinder.
- 12Add the coarsely crushed peanuts to the roasted coconut and sesame seeds.
- 13Next add ¼ tsp cardamom powder.
- 14Mix very well. Keep aside.
- 15In the same pan or kadhai, take ½ heaped cup powdered jaggery or grated jaggery and 3 tbsp water.
- 16Keep the kadhai on the stove top on a low flame.
- 17Keep on stirring the jaggery so that it dissolves.
- 18On a low flame, simmer this jaggery + water solution. It will start bubbling first.
- 19You have to continue to cook till you come to a soft ball stage in the jaggery solution.
- 20To check the soft ball stage, take 1 tbsp water in a small bowl. Drop a bit of jaggery solution in the water. Remove it and it should be sticky and form itself into a soft ball.
- 21At this stage, switch off the flame and add the dry roasted mixture of sesame seeds, desiccated coconut, crushed peanuts and cardamom powder.
- 22Mix the dry roasted mixture with the jaggery solution very well.
- 23Keep the pan down.
- 24When the mixture is still hot, begin to form ladoos from it. If too hot, then wait for a minute and then form the ladoos. Spread some oil in your palms to form the ladoos. If you are not able to form ladoos when the mixture is too hot, then wait for some seconds and then make the ladoos.
- 25You can also use a ½ to 1 tablespoon spoon for scooping the mixture and making the ladoos. Then just shape the ladoos once you scoop them out.
- 26For the last batch, scrape the sides very well and then make ladoos from it.
- 27Make all the til ladoos this way, store in an air tight jar at room temperature.
- 28Serve sesame seeds ladoo during makar sankranti or have them as a sweet snack.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe