Beet Root is very good for skin and health so it adds taste to ladoo and a new twist to the traditional ladoo.
- 1 Beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2/3 cup Semolina, sieve
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Few cashews and almonds
- 1 tbsp milk (optional)
Beet root contains iron, zinc, protien and vitamins. So it serves dual purpose taste good and good for health together.
- 1Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in non-stick pan and roast the cashews and almonds for few minutes and keep aside in separate bowl.
- 2Add the coconut powder and roast it until brown, take it out and keep in same bowl.
- 3Add two tbsp of ghee, add semolina or sooji and roast until light brown. Take it out and again add in same bowl.
- 4Add remaining ghee in pan and add grated beetroot and fry until it is dry and cooked, keep aside to cool. Add sugar, cardamom and milk, mix well.
- 5Combine everything together in large bowl and start making small balls (laddoo), keep in serving plate. Garnish with cashew halves and silver varq.
- 6Add milk little by little in mixture to combine together to make round balls.
- 7Adjust the sugar quantity as per taste. Add your choice of nuts.
- 8You can keep these beetroot sweets in an airtight jar for one week.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe