Rajma (red kidney bean) a popular legume grown in North India, is high in protein and iron content. Rajma makes up a versatile salad, that suits a continental menu as well the traditional Punjabi spread. Once you have soaked and boiled the Rajma, all you need to do is throw in some chopped veggies and squeeze in some lime and add spices of choice. Serve fresh and enjoy the blend of textures and flavours in every mouthful. This protein rich recipe is also a food of choice for those aiming to stay fit. We are sure you won’t be able to resist the taste to this highly gratifying salad.
- 1 cup red kidney beans or rajma.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped.
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped.
- 1 tsp(teaspoon) finely chopped green chillies.
- 1 tsp garam masala.
- 1 tbsp (tablespoon) olive oil.
- 1 tsp coriander leaves.
- 1 tsp mint leaves.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Salt to taste.
||Calories from Fat
| Total Fat
|| Vitamin C
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
To cook Rajma beans:
- 1 Soak rajma beans overnight or for 8-12 hours.
- 2 Once soaked, wash and place in a pressure cooker for cooking.
- 3 Add some salt to it while cooking.
- 4 Cook for 3-4 whistles or until it becomes soft but not soggy.
To make the salad:
- 5 In a bowl, put cooked rajma beans.
- 6 Add olive oil, onion, green chillies, tomatoes and garam masala powder.
- 7 Mix the contents well.
- 8 Add salt and lemon juice to give a tangy taste.
- 9 Garnish it with coriander leaves, mint leaves and serve.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe