Who doesn’t enjoy munchies like chips, murukku, crackers etc. Here is a delicious recipe for ‘Gluten-Free Ragi/ Finger Millet Murukku’ which can be easily cooked up at home. With ragi as the main ingredient in this dish, this gluten-free snack just gets healthier. Ragi or Finger Millet is rich in iron, calcium, protein etc. With this tasty recipe in hand, say goodbye to store-bought murukku!
- 1 cup Ragi Flour/ Finger Millet Flour
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Roased Gram Dal/ Pori Kadalai
- A pinch of Asafoetida/ Hing
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (less or more as per liking)
- 2 tablespoon Butter or Ghee
- Salt, to taste
- Oil for Deep frying
- Water as needed
- 1In a dry pan roast the ragi flour till raw smell disappears. Remove from pan and keep aside in bowl.
- 2Add the rest of the ingredients in a bowl except water and mix well. Add water little by little and knead to a soft dough.
- 3Heat oil in deep wok. Place the murukku dough in an idiyappam press with the suitable shape/ achu. Press to form small murukku. Drop into hot oil and fry till the oil stops sizzling and the murukku is crisp.
- 4Drain on kitchen towel and allow it to cool completely. Store it in a air tight container.
- 5This stays well for 15 days or more.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe