The poha dhokla is a quick to make easy dish. It is tasty and healthy too! This is a good option over the junk and other fast food. The poha dhokla is great for morning breakfast and afternoon snacks.
- 250 g poha (rice flakes)
- 500 ml sour buttermilk
- 4 to 5 chopped green chillies
- Salt to tase
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Grated coconut to garnish
- 3 to 4 tsp oil
- 1Wash the poha thoroughly with water. Now soak them in drinking water for 2min and remove.
- 2 In a deep vessel add about 400ml of buttermilk, chopped green chillies, salt and sugar, turmeric powder and mix well. Now before the buttermilk gets too warm, add poha to it. Stir well for 3-4min till poha absorbs all the buttermilk and thickens. Add more buttermilk if the mixture is too thick.
- 3Now take a plate, grease it and add the mixture to it. Let it set for some time so you can make even pieces .Cut into even square pieces.
- 4Now in another vessel add oil and heat it. After the oil is quite hot, carefully add mustard seeds and sesame seeds and let it pop. Pour this oil onto the dhokla.
- 5Garnish with coriander and coconut. Serve hot with green chutney and/or tomato kechup.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe
Follow us for what motherhood is really about #nofilter