Colocasia esculenta probably originated in India, where it is generally known as Arvi. The tubers are used to make chips, soup, numerous varieties of curries and bhajies, roasted like potatoes, even made into flour. It is a staple food in many tropical countries around the world.
This recipe for Baked Colocasia Chips is delicious, crunchy and very healthy.
- 250 grams Colocasia
- 1 or 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
Colocasia is an excellent source of fibre, vitamins C and E, potassium, magnesium, and folic acid. This recipe for Baked Colocasia Chips is delicious, crunchy and will be an absolute favorite with your kids.
- 1Preheat the oven to 160 degree Celsius.
- 2Wash the colocasia very well and peel the skin. Slice into thin strips/ or desired shape either using a knife or a mandolin slicer. Make sure you slice them fine, so the chips are crisp and not hard.
- 3Coat the chips with a little vegetable oil. Alternately you can even drizzle a few drops of oil on the chips.
- 4Grease and line a baking sheet and arrange the sliced chips on it, in a single layer. Do not let the pieces overlap.
- 5Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. (Oven times may vary. Keep a close watch on them and take it off earlier than the time mentioned in the recipe to avoid burning, if need be)
- 6Once they are baked, sprinkle a little salt on it and toss to coat evenly. Leave aside to cool and store in an air-tight container.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe