This uttapam boasts of great flavours from onion, chilies and coriander and when paired with coconut chutney, it makes for a complete meal. Nachni is also known to be rich in protein and calcium. A double whammy when you're looking to be on your way to fitness!
- 1 cup nachni flour
- 3 tbsp oats flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- ¼ tsp baking soda or Eno fruit salt
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of asafetida
- 2 tbsp oil for pan frying
Calories – 267 Kcal, Proteins – 6.4 g, Fats – 8.9 g, Carbohydrates – 41.1 g, Cholesterol – 1 mg, Sodium – 383 mg, Potassium – 267 mg
- 1In a bowl, add the nachni flour, oats flour, rice flour, onions, coriander, yoghurt, green chillies, asafoetida and salt. Add water as needed to form a dropping consistency batter. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2Heat a non-stick flat pan and grease it lightly with oil. Just before making the uttapams, add the baking soda/Eno fruit salt and whisk nicely.
- 3Pour 2 tbsp of the batter on the pan and cook them on both the sides using a little oil.
- 4Do the same with rest of the batter. Serve warm with coconut chutney.
You can add also chopped veggies like tomato and capsicum in the batter.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe