The sweet and sour taste in this dish goes together brilliantly. A dish with no onion, garlic or tomatoes, its definitely a treat for the taste buds.
- 1 tbsp refined oil / desi ghee
- A tinge of asafoetida
- 500 gms peeled and diced pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 big lemon
- Salt to taste
Highly rich in vitamins and minerals and very low on fat and calories. Extremely tasty and light.
- 1Heat 1 tbsp oil/ghee in a pan.
- 2Add a pinch of asafoetida.
- 3Add peeled and diced small pieces of pumpkin and toss them up.
- 4Add salt to taste and turmeric powder to taste.
- 5Next, add red chilli powder.
- 6Add 1/2 tsp coriander powder to it and mix it well.
- 7Cover it with lid and cook till pumpkin becomes soft and light brown.
- 8Now, add sugar and juice of 1 big lemon to it.
- 9Mix it well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 10Remove from flame.
- 11Garnish with fresh coriander leaves on the top.
- 12Your sweet and sour pumpkin is ready to serve.
- 13Serve it with chapatis or puris or paranthas. Add lentils / curd to the dish as per taste.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe