Multigrain sandwiches with a delicious and healthy filling to give your child a dose of tasty vegetables.
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cheese spread
- 50g walnuts, chopped fine
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1 handful baby spinach or beet leaves
- 6 slices of whole grain bread
- 1Heat 1 tsp oil in a frying pan. Fry onions over medium heat until caramelised and fragrant. Add the balsamic vinegar and mix. Now add the garlic, followed by the mushrooms and red chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Saute over medium heat until the liquid evaporates. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, walnuts and cheese spread. Mix well, and cool. Crumble in feta and mix in.
- 2Heat sandwich toaster/panini grill.
- 3Brush oil on one side of the bread, place it oil side down. Top with 1/3rd of filling and 1/3rd of rocket leaves. Top with a slice of bread and brush outside lightly with oil. Toast for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Repeat with remaining slices.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe