The list of recipes that I love of my mumma is endless, but, here I would love to share a simple and quick snack recipe over which me and my husband would go gaga. Pazham pori, also known as Ethakka appam, is quite a famous dish in Kerala. It's an easy recipe, that any of you could just try in a jiffy and you need not to be a chef to make it yummy.
- 2 ripe plantain (long bananas found in Kerala)
- 1/2 cup maida
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp sugar (as per sweetness of banana)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
Calories – 300 Kcal , Proteins – 2.9 g, Fats – 13.2 g, Carbohydrates – 45.2 g, Cholesterol – 30 mg, Sodium – 124 mg, Potassium – 454 mg
- 1Peel the bananas and cut them lengthwise.
- 2Wash the sesame seeds and strain the water.
- 3In a bowl, take maida, rice flour, sugar, sesame seeds, turmeric powder and salt. Add water and blend it well to form a thick batter.
- 4Heat oil in a kadhai. Dip banana pieces in the batter and drop them in oil. Deep fry the fritters until they turn golden brown.
- 5Drain the excess oil and serve hot with tea.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe