Vaishali Somnath garudkar
I am from Épinal Vosges, India. I love to Read!!
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Basundi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home.
- 1 liter or 4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp (teaspoon) Cardamom powder
- 5 chopped Almond (Badam)
- 1 tbsp (tablespoon) chopped pista
- 10 strands Saffron (kesar)
There are 150 calories in a 1 cup serving of Indian Basundi.
Calorie breakdown: 42% fat, 52% carbohydrates, 6% protein.
- 1Boil the milk in a heavy bottom kadhai.
- 2Now in 1 tbsp of warm milk, add the saffron strands. Keep them aside for the flavours to release.
- 3Keep stirring the milk constantly and reduce it till it becomes thick and the quantity of the milk is approximately half a litre.
- 4Add sugar, saffron and chopped nuts and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 5Stir the mixture occasionally.
- 6Remove from the fire.
- 7Transfer to a serving bowl and add the cardamom powder.
- 8Mix thoroughly.
- 9Serve hot or cold garnished with nuts and saffron strands.
Follow us for all this and more!
Need mommy advice?
Ask a question
on your cooking?
Add your recipe