Moong dal parathas is a typical flatbread dish from Rajasthan. The best thing about these parathas is that they can be made in bulk and kept for 3-4 days. If your kid is fussy about lentils, these parathas are a perfect way to push them in. Full of protein and nutritious fiber, they make for an easy and filling Sunday brunch.
For the Dough
- 1½ cup wheat flour (Atta)
- ½ cup Moong dal
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp red chilli power
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 3-4 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp asafetida
- About ½ cup - ¾ cup water to make the dough
- About 60 ml oil for pan frying the paranthas
- ½ cup wheat flour for rolling
Serving Size 55.1g
||Calories from Fat ||86|
|Total Fat ||9.5g 15%
||Saturated Fat ||1.2g 6%|
|Trans Fat|| 0.0g
||Cholesterol ||0mg 0%|
|Sodium ||63mg 3%
||Potassium|| 86mg 2%|
|Total Carbohydrates|| 23.3g 8%
||Dietary Fiber ||2.4g 10%|
|Vitamin A|| 0%
||Vitamin C ||0%|
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
- 1Wash the moong dal thoroughly and soak it for 15-20 minutes. Cook the dal in an open pan till it is 50% done.
- 2 Now add all the ingredients (except water) for the dough in a deep bowl. Combine with hands and add the water little by little to form the dough.
- 3The dough should be medium smooth and pliable. Once the dough is ready, cover it and set it aside for about 15-20 minutes.
- 4Now, make 12 large lemon sized smooth balls of the dough.
- 5Heat a tawa or pan. Once it is heated, turn the flame on medium.
- 6Roll the balls out into a 6 inch circle. Use the dry flour as needed.
- 7Cook the rolled dough circle on the heated pan/tawa. When one side is cooked, apply a little oil over it and flip over. Apply some more oil and press it slightly with a spatula. Light brown spots will appear on each side when it gets cooked.
- 8 Continue the process with the rest of the dough balls. Pile the cooked paranthas one over the other.
- 9Serve warm with pickle and curd for a satisfying meal.
You can replace the fenugreek leaves with freshly chopped coriander.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe