Meena C r
I am from Mumbai, India. Mother of three, grandmother of 1 and an avid food blogger at http://meenastastemantra.blogspot.in/, I love to prepare healthy and nutritious food for my family friends. Tweaking the traditional recipes to make it appealing to the NOW generation and making it tasty with no compromise on nutrition is a challenge that I love. Exploring new cuisines across the globe and using new ingredients to create tastes that tickle my family's taste buds is something I enjoy! For a pure vegetarian delight to drop in at https://www.facebook.com/MeenasTasteMantra
Health Bhi Taste Bhi! See your little one gobble up this lovely colourful Paneer Palak Paratha! A super delightful way packed with Nutrition to ensure the greens are relished across ages!
For Palak Paratha Dough:
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cup Spinach, rougky chopped
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1" Adrak | Ginger
- 1 tsp Jeera | Cumin Seeds
- Spinach blanched water
- 1/2 tblsp White Til | Sesame Seeds
- 100gm Paneer, finely grated
- 1/2 tblsp Carrot, grated
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tblsp Fresh Dhania | Coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 tblsp Fresh Pudina | Mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Kasuri Methi | Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain | Carom Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- For Paratha:
- Homemade Ghee | Clarified Butter
- Whole Wheat Flour, for dusting
For Palak Paratha Dough:
- 1Wash and clean the Spinach.
- 2Add 1 cup of water to a vessel and let the water come to a boil. Keep aside.
- 3Add Spinach to the boiling water and after 2 minutes drain and keep the blanched spinach aside. Retain the water.
- 4Make a fine puree of the blanched spinach, green chillies, adrak and cumin.
- 5In a mixing bowl add whole wheat flour, roasted til, salt and spinach puree. Knead a stiff dough. If required you may add little of the blanched spinach water. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- 6Since spinach will let out some water, the dough when kneaded must be stiff.
For Paneer Stuffing:
- 7In a mixing bowl add grated paneer, grated carrot, chopped -green chillies, mint and pudina, roughly crushed with palms kasuri methi, ajwain and lemon juice. Mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes for the paneer to soak in the flavours.
- 8Make 3 equal portions of the paneer stuffing and shape them into balls.
For Paneer Palak Paratha:
- 9Knead the Palak Paratha Dough for 5 minutes and then make 3 equal portions.
- 10Take one portion and shape it into a ball and roll it into a thick puri.
- 11Spread little Ghee or Oil on the surface of the rolled puri.
- 12Place one paneer ball in the center and slowly gather the sides of the puri to the center, seal and flatten gently to make a circular shape.
- 13Dust the puri with some whole wheat flour on both sides.
- 14Gently roll the puri to a bigger paratha of about 5" diameter.
- 15Place a non stick tava on gas on high flame.
- 16Spread some ghee or oil on the surface and when that gets hot, reduce the flame of tava.
- 17Place the Paneer Palak Paratha on the hot tava and let one side cook for about 2 minutes.
- 18Flip to the other side and let that cook for 2 minutes.
- 19Flip again and drizzle very little ghee or oil on its surface and immediately flip to the other side. After a second, flip to the next side. By now the Paneer Palak Paratha would be cooked and the surface would have lovely golden brown spots.
- 20Serve hot with any Raita | Pickle, Plain Curd or Podi | Chutney | Thogaiyal.
Follow us for all this and more!
on your cooking?
Add your recipe
Need mommy advice?
Ask a question