The recipe is called 'Lauki Muthiya'. It is called 'muthiya' because of its cylindrical shape as shown in image. This is a healthy as well as tasty recipe. Kids will love to it as it contains a bit sugar, also the recipe is healthy for kids as it has lauki as well as wheat flour. This Muthiya tastes very well with tea. So you can have it as a breakfast or snacks or sometimes as a main course too.
- Grated Lauki - 2 cups
- Whole wheat flour - 1/2 cup
- Ginger-chilli paste - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander - 2 tablespoon
- Oil - 4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Sesame seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Salt as per taste
highly nutritive as it has lauki as well as whole wheat flour.
- 1Squeeze out access water from grated lauki
- 2Combine the lauki, whole wheat flour, turmeric powder, sugar, chopped coriander, salt, asafoetida, ginger-chilli paste, lemon juice in a bowl, mix well and make a soft dough(add water if require)
- 3Apply some oil on your palm and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions
- 4Shape each portion into cylindrical roll.
- 5Arrange the rolls into steamer, let it steam for 20 to 25 mins.
- 6Once steamed, remove and cool it and cut into slices as shown in picture.
- 7For tempering, heat an oil into kadai, add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida.
- 8when the seeds crackles, add muthiyas into it and saute till it turn to crispy.
- 9Serve and garnish it with some coriander.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe