Made with love for my babies when they turned 4 month old.
- for the cake - 3/4 cup unsalted butter plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 2 tbsp almonds split
- for the salted caramel glaze -1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degree and grease a 9 inch cake tin.
- 2Place the butter, honey,sugar and lemon juice in a sauce pan and stir over medium heat. Without boiling the mixture stir till sugar melts and the mixture becomes smooth.
- 3Remove it from heat and quickly beat in the eggs with a wooden spoon.
- 4Add flour and stir with a metal spoon to make a smooth batter.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared pan and scatter the split almonds.
- 6Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean for 35-40 minutes.
- 7Set aside the cake to cool it down.
- 8For the salted caramel sauce, in a large nonstick pan combine the sugar, water, cook over low heat until sugar melts without stirring ever. swirl the pan around.
- 9Once the sugar dissolves turn the heat to medium high and let the mixture turn to deep amber color.
- 10Turn the heat down to low at this point and add cream slowly. it will bubble vigorously, keep whisking until combined and turn off the heat.
- 11Add salt, butter and vanilla extract to this sauce and whisk until butter melts.
- 12Set aside to cool it down.
- 13Once the cake cools down remove from cake tin and glaze with the caramel sauce.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe