Kids and adults are usually not found of eating beetroot. But beetroot is of exceptional nutritional value. It is low in fat, full of vitamins and minerals and packed with powerful antioxidants.
Hence in order to make beetroot part of your kids diet try this yummy ladoo recipe which uses beetroot and coconut which again is a complete food rich in calories, vitamins and minerals.
These ladoos can also be served as dessert for guests and can be stored safely in the freeze for 7-8 days.
- 2.5 cups of tightly packed fresh grated coconut
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 tin or 400 grams of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated or fresh coconut for coating
- 2 medium sized beetroots
- Note : 1 cup is equal to 250 ml
Beetroot is of exceptional nutritional value. It is low in fat, full of vitamins and minerals and packed with powerful antioxidants. Beetroots are also an excellent source of folic acid and a very good source of fiber, manganese and potassium.
Coconuts is a complete food rich in calories, vitamins, and minerals. The important saturated fatty acid in the coconut is lauric acid. Lauric acid increases good-HDL cholesterol levels in the blood.
- 1 Sauté 2 cups of tightly packed fresh grated coconut in 2 tsp ghee. This step is done to get rid of some moisture of the coconut. Make sure to not brown the coconut. Keep on stringing the coconut while sautéing and put off the flame after 4-5 minutes.
- 2Take 2 medium sized beetroot and grind them in a mixer. Now with the help of a sieve separate the juice from the pulp. Keep the juice aside. The pulp can be added in atta to make chapatti or can also be added in daal.
- 3Now separate the sautéed coconut into two halves.
- 4Take the first half in a kadai and add half of the condensed milk into it, stir well and cook this mixture on a low flame till the mixture begins to thicken. Keep on stirring regularly.
- 5Add 1 tsp cardamom powder and stir well. When the mixture begins to leave the sides of the kadai and when you see some coconut fat from the sides switch of the flame and take it out in a plate. Allow the mixture to cool.
- 6Not take the other half of coconut and put this also in the kadai. Add the remaining condensed milk and the beetroot juice into this. Add 1 tsp cardamom powder. Cook this mixture on a low flame till the mixture begins to leave the sides of the kadai and you see the coconut fat. Switch of the flame and take it out in a plate. Allow the mixture to cool.
- 7When the mixture has cooled completely take small balls from the beetroot mixture and make small round ladoos from it. Keep these ladoos aside.
- 8Now take the coconut mixture and divide it into same number of portion as beetroot ladoos.
- 9Take the coconut mixture make a round out of it. flatten it and then place one beetroot ladoo inside it. Now cover the beetroot ladoo with the coconut mixture to make a perfect round ladoo.
- 10Coat this mixture with the desiccated/fresh coconut by rolling the ladoos in to it.
- 11Repeat this step with the remaining mixture.
- 12Coconut beetroot ladoos are ready to be served.
- 13They can be safely stored in the freeze for 7-8 days.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe