A delightful looking Indian flatbread with the goodness of Beetroot!
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Beetroot, boiled, peeled and finely grated
- 2 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Jeera | Cumin Powder
- 1 tblsp Fresh Dhania | Coriander Leaves
- 2 tsp White Til | Sesame Seeds, dry roasted
- 1/2 Salt | To taste
- 1 tsp Til | Sesame Oil
- Homemade Ghee | Clarified Butter for Paratha
- Whole Wheat Flour, for dusting
- 1In a mixing bowl add whole wheat flour, grated beetroot, salt, green chilli, jeera powder, white til and chopped dhania. Mix well.
- 2Knead to make a stiff dough adding water as required. Add til oil and knead for 2 minutes.
- 3Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- 4After 30 minutes, make lemon sized equal portions of the dough. We got 12.
- 5Take one portion and roll them between your palms to make a ball.
- 6Flatten this ball and sprinkle some wheat flour on its surface.
- 7Keep the roti tava on the gas on a high flame.
- 8As the tava gets hot, simultaneously, start rolling the ball with a rolling pin into a circle of about 6 inches diameter.
- 9Place the tava on the gas on high flame. Spread Oil | Ghee| Clarified Butter on the surface and when this gets hot, reduce the flame to medium (You may use any vegetable oil).
- 10Place the rolled roti on the hot tava. Let one side cook for about 2 minutes. Flip to the other side. Gently drizzle very little Ghee|Clarified butter on its surface. Once both the sides have got golden brown spots, the roti is done. Continue similarly for the remaining rotis.
- 11Serve hot with any Raita | Pickle, Tomato Sauce, Podi | Chutney | Thogaiyal or Homemade Butter | Plain Curd.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe