Since it's the season of Mangoes, I wanted to try something with Mango which will add a fantastic flavour to this healthy fudge which is made of oats and dates. Oats are a rich source of iron and dates are rich sources of proteins, fiber and many vitamins, while being very low in fat. Both, oats and dates are energy boosters too. You can prepare this fudge and preserve them in a refrigerator and whenever you feel like munching treat yourself.
- 1/2 cup fresh mango pulp (Alphonso or Kesar)
- 1 cup dates, unseeded
- 1/2 cup almond powder
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsps (tablespoons) honey
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) ghee, to grease the tray
- Dessicated coconut, unsweetened for garnishing
- 1Add 2 tsp of ghee in a pan and add oats to it.
- 2Roast the oats till they turn dark brown. Don't over roast the oats.
- 3In a food processor, process all the ingredients.
- 4Blend all the ingredients together until desired consistency.
- 5Take the mixture out in the tray greased with ghee.
- 6Set aside for 1 hr.
- 7You can even refrigerate for 1-2 hrs, if you don't have much time.
- 8You can cut it into rectangular/square or you can even make round balls of it. It can be stored for 2-3 days, if refrigerated.
- 9For garnishing, sprinkle coconut powder.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe