The mango season has officially begun in India. This mango falooda is kind of death by mangoes as one of my friend pointed out, or you can also say mango heaven. Mango puree, chopped mangoes and mango ice cream all go into this one falooda. The rose syrup, milk and sabja seeds give a lovely cooling touch to it. This is a very simple falooda without the addition of mango custard and mango jelly. Though if you want, you can add both mango custard and jelly.
- 2 tsp sabja seeds/sweet basil seeds, soaked in ¾ cup water
- 3 tbsp falooda sev
- 3 to 4 tbsp rose syrup
- ½ to 1 cup mango puree or two medium sized mangoes blended to a smooth puree in a blender
- 2 to 2.5 cups chilled milk
- 1 tbsp chopped or sliced pistachios or a mix of chopped dry fruits
- 3 to 4 scoops of mango ice cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1 medium sized mango, peeled and chopped in small cubes
- Crushed ice or ice cubes (optional)
- Mango custard (optional)
- Mango jelly (optional)
- Tutti frutti (optional)
|| Total carbohydrate|| 8% |
|Vitamin A|| 35%
||Vitamin C|| 100%|
|Vitamin B ||6 10%
||Vitamin K|| 8%
|Potassium ||8% |
Preparing Sabja Seeds
- 1First soak 2 tsp sabja seeds/sweet basil seeds in ¾ cup water for about 20 to 30 minutes. Later strain them with a tea strainer and keep aside.
- 2Prepare 3 tbsp falooda sev according to package instructions. Some require just soaking the falooda sev in warm water. I had to cook them in boiling water much like noodles. If you need to cook them, do so.
- 3Next, boil them in water till they are softened.
- 4Once they are cooked, rinse them in cold water and drain them. Keep aside.
- 5Allow the falooda sev to cool completely to room temperature. Substitute for falooda sev can be rice vermicelli or wheat vermicelli.
- 6In serving glasses, first add 1 tbsp rose syrup.
- 7Next, add 2 tsp sabja seeds/sweet basil seeds.
- 8Next comes falooda sev followed by mango puree and 1/2 cup milk.
- 9Then again add 1 to 2 tsp sabja seeds followed by 2 to 3 tsp falooda sev.
- 10Add 2 to 3 tbsp mango puree again.
- 11Again add ¾ to ½ cup milk.
- 12Add 2 to 3 tbsp of chopped mangoes.
- 13Top with a scoop of mango ice cream and some chopped or sliced dry fruits like almond or pistachio slivers.
- 14Add some more chopped mangoes on top.
- 15You can also use vanilla ice cream instead of mango ice cream.
- 16You can also add some crushed ice or ice cubes.
- 17Serve mango falooda immediately.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe