One of the things to look forward during an Indian summer is mangoes. Sweet, flavorful and luscious - mango is undoubted the king of fruits. Here is a quick and innovative mango dessert that will have your kids raving for its good looks and great taste. Leaf through the recipe to see how its made.
- 1 tbsp basil seeds (sabja), soaked in water for about half an hour.
- ¼ falooda sev
- ½ mango puree
- 2-3 tbsp sugar (optional)
- ½ cup chopped mango pieces
- 2 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Chopped nuts and saffron strands for garnishing.
Calories –301 Kcal, Proteins – 5.3 g, Fats – 4.8 g, Carbohydrates – 59.4 g, Cholesterol – 16 mg, Sodium – 32 mg, Potassium – 233 mg.
- 1Depending on how sweet your mango is, add sugar to the mango puree and stir. Set aside.
- 2Cook the falooda sev as per package instructions.
- 3In order to assemble the dessert, take two tall glasses. Add the 2 tbsp of soaked basil seeds followed by falooda sev. Top it with mango pulp and chopped mango pieces. Repeat this layering once more.
- 4Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 5Garnish with pistachio nuts, mango pieces and saffron strands.
Use alphonso mangoes for best taste.