One of the things to look forward during an Indian summer is mangoes. Sweet, flavorful and luscious - mango is undoubted the king of fruits. Here is a quick and innovative mango dessert that will have your kids raving for its good looks and great taste. Leaf through the recipe to see how its made.
- 1 tbsp basil seeds (sabja), soaked in water for about half an hour.
- ¼ falooda sev
- ½ mango puree
- 2-3 tbsp sugar (optional)
- ½ cup chopped mango pieces
- 2 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Chopped nuts and saffron strands for garnishing.
Calories –301 Kcal, Proteins – 5.3 g, Fats – 4.8 g, Carbohydrates – 59.4 g, Cholesterol – 16 mg, Sodium – 32 mg, Potassium – 233 mg.
- 1Depending on how sweet your mango is, add sugar to the mango puree and stir. Set aside.
- 2Cook the falooda sev as per package instructions.
- 3In order to assemble the dessert, take two tall glasses. Add the 2 tbsp of soaked basil seeds followed by falooda sev. Top it with mango pulp and chopped mango pieces. Repeat this layering once more.
- 4Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 5Garnish with pistachio nuts, mango pieces and saffron strands.
Use alphonso mangoes for best taste.
Follow us for all this and more!
on your cooking?
Add your recipe
Need mommy advice?
Ask a question