This recipe is simple and easy to digest for babies after introducing solid foods by 6 months. It's sweet to taste and yummy too – babies will love it!
To prepare this dish, you have to first make your banana powder with raw bananas, if possible with the Kerala's nendram banana variety (nowadays available all over in retail outlets). Peel the skin off the bananas and slice them into thin, round disks. Wrap these disks in muslin cloth and sun dry them for twp days. Put the dried banana chips into a blender to make a powder which can then be used to make a malt and can be stored for up to 2 months.
- 1.Banana powder - 1 tbsp
- 2.Formula milk or Breast milk - 100ml
- 3.Sugar OR powdered Palm candy - As required(if wanted)
1)Banana powder is useful as a general treatment for dyspepsia (indigestion).
2.It is rich in potassium, calcium, iron and phosphorous
In some babies, this might cause constipation. You are always the better Judge on whether to give this to your baby or not ,by giving it once or twice you will know if your baby gets adjusted.
But healthwise baby will grow strong.
Few things you have to remember before making this. The consistency of the porridge which you make totally depends on you. You can make it too runnier and pour it bottles and feed your baby or make it little thicker and feed your baby using a spoon. I use panakarkandu (palm candy)or karupatti as sweetener. Karupatti strengthens your baby bones. Panakarkandu helps prevending cold for your babies. You can even mix up a small piece of both. If you feed a good bowl of this for your baby. Your baby will sleep peacefully for a good 2 to 3 hours. It is that filling.
- 1 For preparing banana powder porridge, take a bowl.
- 2 Mix together 1 tablespoon banana powder, 100ml breast milk/formula milk and sugar (if required). Mix well to avoid lumps.
- 3 Heat on a flame by pouring the mix into a pan & keep stirring again to avoid lumps .
- 4 Look for change in colour from initial light to dark colour for the cooked malt.
- 5 Consistency to checked for liquid,semisolid to solid
- 6 Banana powder porridge is ready. Feed your baby immediately by bringing down the temperature of malt .
on your cooking?
Add your recipe