The Apple and Pear pie is an eggless dessert. I love using black cardamom in my pies, and you can get creative with flavouring agents like cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg. This pie can also be made with other fruits as per your taste!
- For Pie crust:
- All purpose flour 1 1/2 cup
- Castor sugar 2 tsp
- Butter (frozen and unsalted) 1 cup
- Salt 1/4tsp
- For Pie filling:
- Apples 3 peeled and sliced
- Pears 2 peeled and sliced
- All purpose flour 1 tsp
- Sugar 2tsp
- Walnut 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder 1/4 tsp
- Butter (soft) 2 tsp
- 1Take all purpose flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- 2Add pieces of frozen butter and mix with fingers.
- 3It will come out as bread crumbs.
- 4Knead the flour with cold water to make a dough till it becomes smooth.
- 5Cover the dough and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 6In another bowl mix cut apple, pears, lemon juice, sugar and 1 tsp flour.
- 7Now add the flavouring powders, i.e. cinnamon and nutmeg powders.
- 8Take out the pie dough and make two parts.
- 9Roll one part on a floured surface slightly bigger than the pie tray or dish.
- 10Now put that in the pie tray and remove the extra from sides.
- 11Put it in the refrigerator to set for 5 minutes.
- 12Take the pie tray out and pierce the pie crust with a fork, so that it bakes easily.
- 13Now apply a little soft butter on the crust.
- 14Arrange sliced fruits and walnut carefully.
- 15Put a little soft butter on the mixture.
- 16Now roll another pie crust and use it to carefully cover the fruit filling.
- 17Trim the edges.
- 18Brush little butter on the crust and pierce it with a fork.
- 19Now bake this in a preheated oven at 200 C for 25 -30 minutes.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe