Maawa cake is a rich and nutritious cake made of maawa i.e. dried or evaporated milk. It doesn’t require any icing or frosting as it just tastes yummy in its own right. Serve it with hot tea or coffee and we bet the guests wouldn’t leave without having another piece of this delightful cake and praising you for your cooking expertise.
- 2 cups maida
- 1 cup maawa, crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar, powdered
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
Calories – 276 Kcal, Proteins – 4.4 g, Fats – 17.9 g, Carbohydrates – 26.6 g, Cholesterol – 52 mg, Sodium – 222 mg, Potassium – 242 mg
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- 2 Grease the baking pan with butter.
- 3Take butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Beat the mixture till light and fluffy using an electric beater or manually mix it with a spoon.
- 4 Add the crumbled maawa to the above mixture and beat further to form a creamy mixture.
- 5Sieve maida, baking soda and baking powder. Now, put this mixture into the bowl containing the creamy maawa mixture.
- 6Next, add cardamom powder, milk and cream.
- 7Mix them well with an electric beater or manually until blended. Check for the consistency. Add milk if required.
- 8Pour the cake batter in the baking pan.
- 9Keep the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake it for 45 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick pricked inside the cake comes out clean. The top of the cake would also get browned by this time.
- 10 Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool.
- 11Demould the cake and slice it to pieces. Serve it with hot tea.
Follow us for all this and more!
on your cooking?
Add your recipe
Need mommy advice?
Ask a question