Holi festival is round the corner and you will be thinking of making some sweets to celebrate it. How about making a sweet with a healthy twist? I'm going to share the recipe for Jowar atta laddu which is a power food and extremely good for health. Millets improve your overall well being by providing essential nutrients. They are gluten free and are a great source of energy.
- 1/2 cup Jowar atta/ sorghum flour
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Ghee / clarified butter
- 3 Cardamom
- 8 Cashew nuts (chopped)
- 8 Almonds (chopped)
- 1Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a pan and roast cashew nuts and almonds on low flame till cashews turn light brown. Keep it aside in a bowl.
- 2Now roast the flour on low flame for a few minutes in the same pan till it starts leaving a nice aroma. Remove from the flame and let it cool down completely.
- 3Grind sugar and cardamom to fine powder.
- 4Add sugar and roasted flour in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add roasted cashews and almonds and mix it well.
- 5Heat the ghee in a small pan and pour it slowly in the mixing bowl and mix the content with a spatula or a spoon.
- 6Start making small balls when the mixture is hot and keep it aside.
- 7Allow it to cool down completely and store in an air-tight container.
You can store it up to 2 weeks in a cool place.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe