Try out this delicious pasta with simple homemade tabasco sauce.
- 1 cup penne, parboiled
- 5 red jalapenos, deseeded
- 1 1/2 tbsps (tablespoons) garlic, peeled & chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 tsp (teaspoon) salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 6-7 basil leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp castor sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1Cook the pasta in boiling water with little salt and one teaspoon olive oil.
- 2In a pressure cooker, add the chopped jalapenos, salt and vinegar.
- 3Pressure cook for 5 minutes at low flame.
- 4When cooled down, puree the mixture and add 1/2 teaspoon castor sugar.
- 5Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- 6Add garlic and allow to splutter.
- 7When garlic turns pink, add chopped onion and saute well.
- 8Add basil leaves; tear them with your hands before.
- 9Add the red sauce and saute for further 2 minutes.
- 10When sauce leaves the sides, add boiled pasta and cover with lid for 5 minutes.
- 11Remove the pan and serve with fried basil leaves.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe