"These are delicious with coffee and they smell wonderful!"
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsps (teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 deg F (175 deg C). Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- 2 In a bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- 3 Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; mix it into the egg mixture.
- 4 Add the hazelnuts. Shape dough into two equal logs approximately 12 inches long.
- 5 Place logs on baking sheet, and flatten out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- 6 Bake for about 30 min in preheated oven, or until edges turn golden and the center is firm.
- 7 Remove from oven to cool on the pans.
- 8 When the loaves cool, use a serrated knife to slice the loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 9 Return the slices to the baking sheet.
- 10 Bake for an additional 10 minutes, turning over once.
- 11 Cool completely, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe