As name shows, Sprouts Paratha is very healthy and delicious Indian dish. This is very helpful for diabetic patients. However, anyone can eat these parathas like kids, adults, aged person. There are plentiful of nutrients -proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals. Whole pulses like green peas, chickpeas, moong, black chickpeas, beans etc are mixed to make the paratha stuffing. You can add any sprouted lentils for your taste.
This can be served as breakfast, lunch, snacks or a quick whole meal.
- 1.5- 2 cups boiled and slightly ground sprouts (soaked for 12 hours)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1.5 inch chopped ginger
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 chopped green chilly
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) cumin seeds
- A pinch of asofoetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt as per taste
- Water if required
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps butter for frying parathas
- 1 cup curd (with salt or sugar)
- 1 You can soak all kind of sprouts in water for 12 hours at home or can buy ready sprouts from the market. Boil all mixed sprouts in a pressure cooker and cook for one whistle.
- 2 Drain water and grind slightly.
- 3 Take a pan and add oil. Once oil is heated, add cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds crackle, add asofoetida.
- 4 Then add chopped garlic, ginger, green chilly and saute.
- 5 Now add chopped onion and saute until it gets pink.
- 6 Now is the time to add mixed sprouts and all spices and salt. Mix all ingredients well.
- 7 Cover with a lid for 4-5 minutes and keep stirring in between. Add little water if required.
- 8 Remove the lid. Let it cook on high heat until sprouts became bit dry.
- 9 Switch off the gas and allow the sprouts to cool down.
- 10 Now mix flour and salt to make dough. You can add little oil while making dough so that paratha would be crispy. Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- 11 Make 2 inch balls from the dough, dust some flour and roll the ball about 2 inches.
- 12 Place some stuffing at the center and cover the stuffing by bringing edges together.
- 13 Now dust some flour and roll stuffed ball gently to make round shape paratha. Repeat it for all the dough balls.
- 14 Fry parathas with butter by flipping on each side and serve these parathas with chilled salted curd. You can serve it with sauce, chutney or as it is.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe