Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet. They are good source of Vitamin C, potassium & fibre. Its one of the healthiest food recommended for kids. I give sweet potato in the form of patties and would love to share the recipe with you.
- ½ kg sweet potatoes
- ¼ kg paneer
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 chopped capsicum
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 to 5 chopped mushrooms (optional)
- Coriander, chopped
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped cashew nuts (optional)
- ½ tbsp (tablespoon) red chilli powder
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- ¼ tbsp chat masala
- 1 Cut sweet potatoes into half and put it in the cooker. After 1 whistle let it cool for some time.
- 2 Peel these sweet potatoes and grate it in a bowl.
- 3 In this bowl add chopped carrot, chopped capsicum, chopped onion, chopped garlic and grated paneer.
- 4 Further add red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, cumin powder, chat masala. Then add chopped coriander, crushed cashew nuts. For binding you can add little bread crumbs. Make it into a thick batter.
- 5 Further make medium sized balls of the mashed potato mixture. Flatten them, shape into round patties and keep aside.
- 6 Heat oil in a shallow frying pan. Keep the sweet potato patties on the hot oil in the tava for frying.
- 7 Lift with the spatula and check to see if the base is light browned. Turn over the patties and fry the other side.
- 8 Fry till both sides of patties are crisp and golden brown.
- 9 Serve it fresh with coriander chutney and salad.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe