Potato fry recipe - A simple stir fry recipe of potatoes, spiced with Indian spice powder and chili powder.
- 1 cup of cubed potatoes or large potatoes
- 1 sprig curry leaves or mint leaves
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves chopped or crushed
- ¼ tsp(teaspoon) mustard
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp urad dal
- Pinch of hing
- Generous pinch of turmeric
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- Little garam masala or sambar powder
- Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- 1 Wash potatoes and peel. Cube to small bite sizes. Keep them in a bowl of water.
- 2 Add oil to a hot pan or tawa. Add cumin, mustard and dals. Fry dal till golden.
- 3 Add curry leaves and garlic; saute.
- 4 When the garlic is lightly fried, add potatoes and turmeric.
- 5 Fry for about 3 minutes. Lower the flame.
- 6 Cover and cook till the potatoes are done. Stir in between to prevent burning.
- 7 When the potatoes are roasted and cooked well, add chili powder, salt and garam masala.
- 8 Toss everything well and fry for a minute or two to blend well. Serve aloo fry with rice and rasam.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe