I am from Pune, India. Hie... I am Friendly and loving kind of person who likes a healthy environment around. I love to travel and make friends. Life is a beautiful journey so enjoy each and every single moment.
Yogurt sandwich is healthy, easy to make and easy to eat as well. :)
Enjoy this yummy dish with kids and family.
- 4 slices of firm bread
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 tsp (teaspoon) salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp (tablespoon) finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp minced green chilli (optional)
- 1/8 tsp mustard seeds (rai), for seasoning
- 2 tbsps soft butter
- 1Put yogurt in a strainer lined with muslin or cheese cloth. Gently squeeze out the excess water. Make sure not to squeeze out the yogurt though. Leave it for at least 4 hours or more. Before removing yogurt from the muslin cloth, give one last squeeze.
- 2Add all the ingredients for the filling with yogurt and mix it well.
- 3Spread the mix over two slices of bread and cover them with the other slice.
- 4Heat the skillet over medium heat and grease it with about half tsp of butter.
- 5Sprinkle the skillet with mustard seeds and as they crack, place the sandwich over, and brush the butter on top of the slice. Grill the sandwich from both sides until they turn golden brown.