These Smiley Masala Parathas are really a comfort food. You can always carry these rotis while traveling with toddlers and adults alike. They will forget all about the humble rotis, and will be more than thrilled to devour them. They are shaped using a smiley cookie cutter, a shape that everyone loves.
Try these parathas for your kids, they are super nutritious (no doubt) and are easy to prepare using simple readily available ingredients.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornflakes (powdered)
- 1/2 cup Oats (powdered)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green chilli, finely minced (add only if your child can tolerate the chilli else replace with mild chilli powder)
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- Oil or ghee or butter
- 1Mix onion, green chilli, coriander, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl.
- 2Take the wheat flour, cornflakes, oats and knead the dough with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the vegetable mixture and knead using water.
- 3Once the dough is ready taste it for salt and keep aside, covered for 10 minutes.
- 4Divide the dough into 8 balls. Roll each ball into a medium sized roti. If you wish to make attractive smiley rotis, then cut them using the cookie cutter.
- 5Cook the rotis on a hot grill using a slow flame on both sides till light spots appear. Smear oil on both sides before taking off the griddle.
- 6Serve immediately or transfer to a container.
You can add finely grated carrots, cauliflower or cabbage to the dough, too. Soya granules can also be added to make it more protein-rich.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe