I am from New Delhi, India.
Quesadilla is Mexican recipe made from wheat tortilla, that is filled with cheese and vegetables and grilled. This recipe is good for kids' tiffin and you can use any vegetable, which your kid likes.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) olive oil
- 3 tsps lemon juice
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/3 tsp, dried oregano
- Fresh coriander leaves, few (chopped)
- ½ cup, grated Mozzarella cheese
- Ghee or butter, as required
- 1Take a large mouth bowl, add wheat flour and salt. Mix well and by adding enough water make a soft dough.
- 2Cover it and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- 3Make a cross slit on tomatoes and boil them for 1-2 mins.
- 4Drain the tomatoes, peel and chop them.
- 5Take a bowl and add chopped tomatoes, carrot, bell pepper, onion, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, jalapeno pepper, dried oregano and fresh coriander leaves. Mix well
- 6Mash them with the help of potato masher and keep it aside for an hour.
- 7Divide the dough into large tomato sized balls.
- 8Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Use a well-floured rolling pin to roll a dough ball into a thin, round tortilla.
- 10Drop some ghee or butter and place rolled tortilla into the hot skillet, reduce the heat to low and cook until bubbly and golden. Flip and spread tomato mixture, sprinkle mozzarella cheese over it and when the cheese is sufficiently melted, using a spatula lift up one side of the quesadilla and flip over the other side, as if you were making an omelette.
- 11Apply enough ghee or butter on both sides and cook until golden brown.
- 12Cut into triangulars and serve with ketchup or yogurt.
- 13Note: You can also use leftover rotis to make these Quesadillas.