I am from Nagpur, India.
Cucumber paratha is a quick-to-make recipe in the morning rush-hours. It can be used as a replacement for the typical roti-sabzi in your child's tiffin-box. With this you can be sure you are serving a healthy tiffin to your child.
- 100 gms cucumber
- 1 small bowl wheat flour
- ½ tbsp (tablespoon) turmeric powder
- pinch of green chilly
- ¼ tbsp ajwain
- ½ tbsp sesame seed
- 1/4 cup any veg. oil
- a pinch roasted cumin powder
- 1 twig of coriander leaves
- salt as per taste
Cucumber takes care of dental health by combating bad breath and effectively treating gum diseases like pyorrhoea and weak gums. Vitamin K in cucumbers plays a very important role in strengthening bones by promoting orthotropic activity. The high amount of silica in it promotes joint health too!
- 1Wash the cucumber and grate it. Chop the green chillies finely.
- 2In a big bowl add grated cucumber, wheat flour, turmeric powder, chopped green chillies, ajwain, sesame seed and salt mix it well and make a loose dough (consistency similar to any other cheela batter).
- 3On a muslin cloth (wet/ soaked soft cloth) make a paratha.
- 4Heat a pan, add some oil and heat both sides of paratha on medium flame till brown spots develop.
- 5Serve paratha garnished with coriander leaves and mint chutney or curd garnished with roasted jeera powder (cumin powder) in the tiffin box.
- 6Home made dish is always good for health in any season for kids.