There are bundles of memories of my childhood with this recipe, I share with you. Maa used to prepare this Amla Delight when during amla season. It used to disappear from kitchen shelf in no time. In my school tiffin I loved to have amla delight with my toast or paratha as it tastes awesome and my naughty friends sometimes used to steal my tiffin.
- 1tsp (teaspoon) black salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsps (tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated fresh amla
- 1 cup sugar or jaggery or organic honey
- 3 tbsps musk melon seeds
- 1In a heavy bottomed non stick pan add grated amla, sugar and cook on medium flame for 10 minutes or till sugar melts and mixture start thickening. If using honey, just steam amla for few minutes then add honey.
- 2 Add musk melon seeds, pink salt, pepper and turn off the heat.
- 3Add extra virgin olive oil. Let it come on room temperature and store in a glass jar.
- 4Relish this amla delight spread on your toast or pack in your kids tiffin with paratha or carry along with poori for your long journey or just have it after your meal as a dessert, mouth freshner. You can store this dish for long though it does not contain any artificial preservatives amla delight is really very nutritious and delicious recipe with the goodness of extra virgin olive oil and amla and pink salt+pepper above all - really very easy to prepare with very few ingredients and can be stored for long.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe