Its the uniform heat of a panini press or the weight you’d keep on your regular griller that would give a Panini sandwich its crispiness. So to say, a sandwich may seem like a super obvious recipe – just arrange the veggies - grill, toast or roast it – and you have your sandwich ready. However, the trick and the art of making a good sandwich rests in how differently you execute these simple steps, and we bet our panini sandwich recipe is truly different. Try it and let us know!
- 4 slices of Panini bread(home-made or store-bought)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick roundels
- 2 small green bell peppers, seeded and quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into slabs 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsps tomato strips
Serving Size 1 serving (173 g)
||Calories from Fat ||108|
|Total Fat ||12g 18%
||Saturated Fat|| 4.5g 22%|
|Polyunsaturated Fat ||0g
||Monounsaturated Fat ||0g|
|Cholesterol ||25mg 8%
||Sodium|| 770mg 32%|
|Carbohydrates ||48g 16%
||Dietary Fiber ||4g 16%|
|Vitamin A|| 2% || Vitamin C ||40% |
|Calcium ||15% || Iron|| 20% |
*Based on a 2000 calorie diet
- 1Keep a grill for heating. Arrange it on medium-high heat.
- 2Cut the loaf of Panini bread lengthwise. Keep the thickness of the slice to about ¼ inch.
- 3Apply a little basil pesto on one side of the bread and keep aside.
- 4meanwhile, place the eggplant roundels, bell peppers, zucchini and onion on the griller and let it grill for about 3 – 5 minutes. The veggies should develop the golden grill lines on them.
- 5Sprinkle some cheese on the other slice of bread and arrange the grilled veggies. Cut the veggies if required to fit the into the sandwich properly.
- 6Top with the pesto-spread slice of bread and transfer the sandwich to the griller.
- 7For a Panini sandwich, you need to apply heavy weight for e.g. – a brick (wrapped in cloth or aluminium foil), on the griller and let the sandwich be for 3 – 5 minutes.
- 8Once the grill lines develop, remove the sandwich, cut them diagonally and serve hot.
Follow us for all this and more!
on your cooking?
Add your recipe
Need mommy advice?
Ask a question