Perfect for the working mom and the mom who has her hands full with kids and housework – this dish is so easy to prepare, and is yummy and nutritious to boot! Use a non-stick tawa to ensure your pancakes don't lose their shape by sticking to the pan!
For the Seasoning:
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 green chillies, de-seeded and very finely chopped
- Small piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- A few tender curry leaves
- 2 ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp oil
- ¾ tsp mustard seeds
- A pinch of hing
Serving Size 1 medium (5" dia)
|Calories from Fat ||36
||Calories ||92 |
| Total Fat|| 4.03g 6%
|| Saturated Fat ||0.854g 4% |
|Polyunsaturated Fat ||1.566g
||Monounsaturated Fat ||1.299g |
|Cholesterol|| 24mg 8%
||Sodium ||244mg 10% |
||Total Carbohydrate|| 11.62g 4% |
|Dietary Fiber ||1.5g 6%
||Sugars|| 2.66g |
||Vitamin A ||1%|
| Vitamin C|| 0%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1Prepare a mixture of the wheat flour and rice flour in a bowl, with green chillies, ginger, cumin seeds, curry leaves and salt to taste
- 2Add 4 cups of water a little bit at a time and stir well so that there are no lumps in your batter
- 3Your batter should not be too thick or pasty, neither too fluid and thin. Just enough for a dosa-like pancake to form.
- 4Heat a tsp of oil on a non-stick tawa, add mustards seeds, and when it splutters add hing.
- 5Pour the mixture into the pancake batter and mix well.
- 6Place your tawa on medium heat for 2 minutes, with a light coat of cooking oil.
- 7Ladle the batter onto the pan, this will resemble a dosa, there should be holes in your pancake.
- 8Drizzle the required amount of oil on the pancake (if you like to be generous with oil, sesame seed oil is considered very healthy)
- 9Move the tawa in circular motions at regular intervals to ensure it is cooked evenly.
- 10Flip the pancake when the bottom starts browning and the edges start lifting up.
- 11Flip the pancake to let the other side cook (but not for too long – this side remains white!)
- 12Stir the batter once more before proceeding to make the next pancake, and repeat the process as necessary
on your cooking?
Add your recipe