Dalia or broken wheat porridge prepared by adding fruits and nuts is a very calorie dense food for your baby. This kheer is rich in all nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals and fibre. There surely isn't anything else that you look for when it comes to providing your child with complete balanced nutrition!
(1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup broken wheat/dalia
- 3 cups milk
- 1 banana, mashed or pureed(for younger babies), cut or sliced(for older babies)
- 10 almonds, powdered
- 3/4 cup jaggery or add as required
- 2 tbsps (tablespoons) cow's ghee
- 1/2 tsp (teaspoon) cardamom powder
- 2 cups water
Serving size: 1 Bowl
|Calories|| 292 Cal 14.6%
||Carbohydrates ||39.7 grams 13.23%|
|Fat ||10.4 grams 8.91%
||Iron ||1.5 mg 18.75%|
|Niacin Vitamin B3 ||1.3 mg 16.25%
||Protein ||10 grams 17.86%|
|Riboflavin Vitamin B2 ||0.49 mg 88%
||Thiamine Vitamin B1 ||1.29 mg 2.3%|
|Vitamin A ||1.41 % of RDA
||Calcium ||296 mg 29.6%
- 1 Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- 2 Add broken wheat and roast till it becomes golden brown for approximately 3 minutes.
- 3 Add water and pressure cook for 4 whistles on low flame.
- 4 Open and add milk and mix well and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 5 Add jaggery, banana pieces or puree. Add powdered almonds.
- 6 Allow to cook on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- 7 Turn off flame and add cardamom powder.
- 8 Stir the dalia kheer.
- 9 Serve hot or warm or refrigerate.
If you want to avoid ghee, then dry roast dalia in a pan for 5 minutes or bake in oven for 15 minutes on 150 F.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe