Apple Kheer is a healthy choice for dessert, especially when fasting during Navratris. This kheer, when cooked as per instructions below, will not only be relished by you but by your entire family. The aroma of cardamom and the sweet taste of apple will make it an totally irresistible treat!
- 1 litre (4-5 cups) milk (full cream/toned/double toned/2% fat-free)
- 1/2 cup or 4 tbsps (tablespoons) condensed milk (unsweetened)
- 2 medium sized apples (red)
- 1 tbsp desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 50-75 grams sugar or as per taste
- 4-5 cardamom (elaichi)
- 8-10 almonds, thinly sliced
- 8-10 raisins (optional)
- Cashew nuts and pistachio for garnishing (optional)
- 1Finely grate 2 medium sized red apples and keep aside.
- 2Now pour milk into a kadhai or a wok and let it boil on medium flame.
- 3Once the milk comes to a boil, stir it up with the help of a spatula, and boil until the level of the milk turns to half.
- 4Keep stirring the milk so that it doesn't stick to the base of the kadhai.
- 5Now add 4-5 cardamoms and 1/2 cup or 4 tbsps of unsweetened condensed milk to the boiled milk.
- 6On a slow flame, keep stirring until the milk turns thick and pinkish in color.
- 7Now keep the milk aside and let it cool (room temperature).
- 8In another pan/wok, add 1 tbsp of desi ghee or clarified butter, add thinly sliced almonds, raisins and the grated apples.
- 9Saute for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- 10Now remove the pan and let this mixture cool (room temperature).
- 11Once both the milk and the apple mixture cools down, mix together and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- 12Garnish with cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios and cardamom before serving.
Do not mix together sautéed apples and milk when hot. It may cause the kheer to curdle.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe