This simple, easy to make, anytime low-calorie salad with American sweet corn and the bright and colorful capsicums can be served as an appetizer or as a starter or even as an evening snack for kids. All the weight loss seekers, this is an absolute low-calorie treat for your mind and body. It gives you the feeling of fullness, satisfies your taste buds with its crunchy texture and also provides a lot of bulk to your diet. So munch on the corn-capsicum salad with this quick recipe and stay light!
- 1 cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1/2 cup Green and Red Capsicums, cubed, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt
- Pepper Powder –to sprinkle
- Salt as per taste
||Calories from Fat
|| Calcium C
*Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
- 1 Boil the sweet corn kernels in a pan of water or pressure cook until soft.
- 2 Drain well, allow to cool and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- 3 Add the capsicum, yogurt and mix well.
- 4 Sprinkle pepper powder and salt.
- 5 Garnish with parsley and serve at once.
You can also add ingredients like cucumber, red onion or firm tomatoes to add variety to the recipe.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe